May 27, 2022
2:06 am— 2:06 am
- This event has passed.
“Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care” (Certified Dementia Practitioner) Seminar
May 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$200.00
This is the required seminar for those who are eligible to pursue certification as a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP). This 8-hour seminar is also recommended for anyone who wants to enhance their dementia knowledge.
This seminar provides 8 Continuing Education Credits for Social Workers; Nurses*; Certified Assisted Living Administrators; Licensed Nursing Home Administrators; Activity Directors Certified.
(*Nursing CE Contact Hours are available through CEU Network for a nominal fee paid to CEU Network. This fee is not included in this seminar. It is the responsibility of the participant to send the additional fee to the CEU Network)
Please note: you do not have to be eligible for continuing education credits to take this course, all are welcome.
Topics to be discussed in this 8-hour seminar include:
- Overview of Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease: Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
- Tests and Evaluations used for Dementia
- Sun-downing; what is it and how to handle it
- Feelings and Repetitive Behaviors
- Wandering, Hoarding and Paranoia and Hallucinations
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Aggressive Behaviors and Catastrophic Behaviors
- Depression and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Personal Care: Pain; Nutrition; Bathing; Dressing; Toileting; Eating; Swallowing and Sleep Disturbances
- Activities & Alzheimer’s Disease Calendars
- Environment: Changes that make a difference
- Staff and Family Relationships
- Stress and the Caregiver
- Multicultural Considerations
- Pastoral Care and Preparing for End of Life
Breakfast and Lunch will be sponsored by Foothill Acres